Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Applying for spring weeks

Hashaam khan1

Sep
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this.. I'm quite nervous about applying for IB spring weeks/insight programmes. I don't know how much financial knowledge they'll expect of me- I have virtually none!

I don't know where to start with my CV, I don't have anything related to finance to put on there but I did work at ASDA and teach an A-level maths class every week at college, aswell as tutoring a few students. Is it worth mentioning this stuff? I've also volunteered at a primary school and hospital. (you can tell I'm scraping the barrel here)
I don't really have anything going for me apart from the fact I did well in my A-levels.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

I've just started my first year at the University of Manchester where I'm studying Mathematics.
In my A-levels i got 3A*s in Maths, Chemistry and Physics.
Even though my university isn't a target uni do you still think I have a decent chance?

I've just started my first year at the University of Manchester where I'm studying Mathematics.
In my A-levels i got 3A*s in Maths, Chemistry and Physics.
Even though my university isn't a target uni do you still think I have a decent chance?
Well, not much to be honest. Manchester is a good school but your experience is mediocre and you don't know a thing about finance (which is not a big problem but you need to learn). I would advise to network - talk to people from your school working in the city and see if its the right career for you.

Spin it the right way IMO- leadership experience in teaching maths, great with numbers etc. Its not what u have its how u show it off. At least thats how im going about it

Back