Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Blackstone President Earns $233m in 2015

ilovefrankee1

Dec
Investment Banking
Hoping this is the right place to link this article: NYT have worked with Equilar, a board and executive data provider, to estimate earnings at 6 of the largest publicly traded private equity firms.

The figures for the CEOs are obviously astronomical ($800m for Blackstone CEO, Steve Schwarzman), but these are numbers we've heard before. What was surprising, to me anyway, was that a non-exec could bank 9 figures (!) in a single year at a publicly traded company.

I think it's common knowledge that European comps are discounted in comparison, but I'd be interested to hear any input on senior-level comp at the European branches of mega funds.

No wonder the public scrutiny on bankers is so high. I didn't really realize that before but as I grow older and talk to people coming from different social classes that if you are a banker people don't like you. I guess that's something you have to take if you want the money.

233 million? Sure it's a lot, but I am also sure he brings more value to the world than most people, so why not? Cristiano Ronaldo earns extraordinary amounts, but he is also extraordinarily better than most footballers.

Back