Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

CV Review Please!

CJD1

Aug
Hi,

I've posted before, but have made some significant changes and removed a few things - another review would be fantastic.

Thanks!

It's indeed better than your previous one.
- use a different bulletpoint for the one below A Levels
- the first bulletpoint in your Spar experience is bigger sized than the others, and there's a slightly bigger space between the bullets and the title
- it'd be great if you could add least one more bullet to your Retail Bank experience
- as I have mentioned in previous posts simply listing what societies your a member of doesn't add anything. Instead, simply write "Powerlifting" "[area of mathematics you are most interested in]" "Rowing"; also "Previous member of a cross-community charity group which involved planning and supervising ‘skills days’ for groups of younger students in local secondary schools" this is too long, make it short & sweet

It's indeed better than your previous one.
- use a different bulletpoint for the one below A Levels
- the first bulletpoint in your Spar experience is bigger sized than the others, and there's a slightly bigger space between the bullets and the title
- it'd be great if you could add least one more bullet to your Retail Bank experience
- as I have mentioned in previous posts simply listing what societies your a member of doesn't add anything. Instead, simply write "Powerlifting" "[area of mathematics you are most interested in]" "Rowing"; also "Previous member of a cross-community charity group which involved planning and supervising ‘skills days’ for groups of younger students in local secondary schools" this is too long, make it short & sweet

Thanks so much mate.

I might have a summer internship confirmed for 2015 with a small trading division of a relatively large bank (not in England) - is it worth putting this in a line somewhere if it's confirmed?

I echo the above changes, and would just add:

- don't italicise your dates
- put your university graduation date as 'Expected 2017'
- put your work exp. in reverse-chronological order
- perhaps split 'skills, interests' section into three bullet points so it looks less packed

I might have a summer internship confirmed for 2015 with a small trading division of a relatively large bank (not in England) - is it worth putting this in a line somewhere if it's confirmed?
No, you see everybody can talk about how sweet experience/internship they are going have in X months from now (whether its confirmed or not); they want to see only actual things. Also if you do this it will come off as desperate, so again, don't do it.

I echo the above changes, and would just add:

- don't italicise your dates
- put your university graduation date as 'Expected 2017'
- put your work exp. in reverse-chronological order
- perhaps split 'skills, interests' section into three bullet points so it looks less packed

I actually got told by someone to italicise the dates, to stay consistent with the 'role' on the same line :p

Thanks man.

No, you see everybody can talk about how sweet experience/internship they are going have in X months from now (whether its confirmed or not); they want to see only actual things. Also if you do this it will come off as desperate, so again, don't do it.

No worries - that makes sense to me. Perhaps if I get the internship during December it can go on my GS application - holding that bad boy off as late as possible.

Back