Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

How to write "Why corporate finance"

Abodoo1

Aug
Hello,

I am applying to a boutique and have some problems with writing the cover letter. How do you answer the question "why corporate finance" in your cover letter? I am very passionate about the subject but have no relevant experience to demonstrate my interest.

1. Learning Curve (huge grounding)
2. Career Exposure (contacts, deals, clients etc.)
3. Career Progression/Development
4. You find it interesting
5. Corporate Finance at your firm would be MORE amazing because xyz.

^ Tailor the above points to yourself. Don't just write what is above, it is way too cliche. Just try and fit it into your answer with something substantial about yourself, your motivation and perhaps how you got interested in the first place.

Some ideas from an old CL:

Your company profile and a possible fixed position attracted me. XXX inhabits not only an outstanding reputation among corporate institutions and governments around Europe. As importantly, it is its reputation among its employees. From what I heard, it seems to me that XXX takes tremendous care about the quality of its employees. I not only share but also live the values XXX espouses: taking initiative, being curious, having an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset. Your Investment Banking department is the right choice for me, because it gives me the opportunity to contribute with the skills I have gained during my studies and previous internships.

Hope this help a bit.

Back