Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

MAKE ME CRY

Not bad actually, but:
- instead of Soon to begin second year after achieving a first class in my first year just write out your predicted grade.
- there's a space missing after the first coma in the GCSEs listed. This could mean an instant rejection. also whats up with a 2nd blank page
- "Ability to cope with long hours (sometimes over 12)" -> remove this altogether. Nobody cares if in two months you had one or two days where you had to work 4 extra hours -> this is not an achievement and obviously won't compare to what you'll experience in your first years of banking.
- I don't like this Task - Skills format (I'd say don't use it) -> I am guessing you used this because it was a quicker solution.
- nor any of the content what you wrote. You mention nothing exact, just bullshitting around, example: "improved upon ability to remain attentive and focused at all times due to responsibility of caring for children. Also necessary to be adaptable, to cater for the differing needs of children of such a wide age range. / Improved interaction with customers and team members / Involved analytical skills when assessing a client’s finance application.). Be specific and make concise, one sentence bulletpoints.
- Proficient with computers, able to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc. remove this altogether. no shit you are proficient with computers and able to use powerpoint and excel.
- perhaps this is just me prefer very plain and simple things, but I'd go with the M&I template if I were you; your current format of the CV could work out too though.

Work some more on your CV and you are up for a few interviews. Check out also some of the previous CV reviews, you could learn from those. Good luck.

Ok thanks for the input. I'm going to rework it, including some of yours suggestions.

I'll post again tomorrow

- bulletpoints below Sixth Form aren't aligned to the left (I'd also remove the word Achievements)
- you should simply write "Expected 2017"
- locations should be aligned with the line. on the left theres twice the space as it's on the right, it looks bad
- remove the "." points at the end of bulletpoints
- "July 2014 - Present" instead of "July 2014-till present"

SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS is a big wall of text. Don't like it.

instead of Certifications & Training write "Awards" and remove "level 1 football coach" (already been mentioned). write capital T at target 2.0

Activities and Societies: I'd remove "Member of UNI economics and finance, business and investment societies." (everybody is part of these societies, doesn't add anything to your application) and just leave the "Participated in M&A challenge, involving valuation of companies, and EFS trading challenge acting as an investment bank" part.
Actually, you could take this and make a whole new section for this M&A challenge thing (as an extracurricular activity) and write 2-3 bulletpoints on it (if you can).

Interests should go sth simple like this: Spanish, Football coaching, Swimming, Trading on the stock exchange/fx products/whatever is what you are speculating on.

Otherwise the content looks much better now. I'd still try adding more bulletpoints.

Back