Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

~~~ My CV would like to be shredded ~~~

What mood are you in ?

• I'm feelin' good

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • wtf

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • **** you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fastum1

Oct
Hello,

I'm a student from continental Europe and hope to get one or more IB spring week(s) this year. The problem is that (1) Even though I read almost every goddamn article on how to make a good resume (it's my hobby really), I still need a pertinent review
(2) None of my friends speak decent English and my university's careers service is crappy as hell (+almost no alumni working in IB) and
(3) English is not my first language so I'm not sure if I did any dumb typo or grammar mistake (I spent a lot of time trying to find one).

I would be veeeery grateful if you took even one minute of your time to tell me what you think about my resume.

Thanks,
Fastum

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't bother applying with this profile. Sorry to say this but you really stand no chance. Try to get something in your home country.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't bother applying with this profile. Sorry to say this but you really stand no chance. Try to get something in your home country.
Thanks for replying so fast and for being honest. I appreciate it.
I share you opinion and after rereading my CV, I think it's pretty crappy (not just the content) so I'm going to improve it, prepare myself for the online tests and apply anyway but not really put any hope into it.

Have a good evening.

Back