Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Nice to meet you all!

CherryCrush1

Aug
Hey there,

That community is great and really helpful, many thanks to the person who told me about it.

About me - I'm a 20 years old girl from an EU country, but I study in the UK university, I'm starting my second year next month. I study a Finance-related degree and I finished my first year with a 2.1 overall grade.

I have some Finance work experience - 10-week in a Brokerage company in Europe (in 2012 and 2013), and I'm currently working in a Corporate Banking division of an European bank (I've signed my contract for 2 months). I went to an Insight Day of a UK bank in London in the Spring, and I've applied for almost every SW that I found, so I really hope that this year I'll have more experience with that kind of things.

More about me... well, I really like to do something - I work as an Ambassador on the Open Days at my university, I'm doing a Freshers' Week volunteering, I'm setting up a new cultural society for the people from my country, I've joined the Finance society in my university, I was a team leader in the Universities Business Challenge last year. I speak 2 languages other than English, and I'm learning a fourth now, I'm translating in my free time. And I LOVE reading books, I write fiction, I like photography and psychology...

Last year, I wanted to break into S&T so badly, but now... Now I'm thinking about Investment Banking or Investment Management more, or maybe Corporate Finance (I just enjoy working with people more than working only with documents). I haven't decided yet, to be honest.

That's from me for now, it's nice to meet you all.

Welcome @CherryCrush! You have some impressive things going on, good stuff right there. If you enjoy working with people you might also want to look into sales, or sales-trader (a mix of the two) positions maybe?

You write fiction, really? What kind?

Good luck with your summer apps.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I wanted to apply to S&T (primarily for a trader, but I won't mind working in the sales part as well), but I started to think about other options, as I'm not really sure whether it is really my thing. I don't know, maybe I'll apply for S&T again, I'm still thinking about it.

I write mostly short stories, and I started writing a book too, but I never finished any of them.

Know this is obvious but you should definitely find which one interests you more asap.

Haha story of my life, had my fair share of unfinished projects too.

For someone who has interned in both S&T and IB, feel free to get in touch.

Last edited:
Back