Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Offer holders! Tell us how you did it

Shortly work your butt off.

Seriously it's all about effort. It's possible that you might not have a competitive background enough, and in that case I think you shouldn't bother applying until you improve that (for which you have time at university) - aka a waste of time.

You also need a good bit of perseverance meaning that out of 30 applications you might only get one or two opportunities to sell yourself. That was actually the case for me. And even then you might screw up, which puts extra pressure on you. Keep calm & applying is my best advice.

And also: psychometric tests. You don't want to get dinged in the very first round (I think considering how the pass rate is pretty high for most banks, you need to make sure you ace them). Buy one of the ones offered on the site. And PRACTICE. It's boring but you gotta do it if you want the job. Numericals, verbals and logicals.

Other than that make sure your CV is flawless; that you actually have something to say in your cover letters as well as being able to tailor it to specific banks (same goes for competency questions); and that you are prepared for interviews (it's a skill that must be learned).

Last edited:
Back