Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

PE Summer Internship Help

hhioh1

Sep
Hey guys, attached is my CV - looking to gain a summer internship in PE.

A few things:

+ I have extra-cur leadership positions (such as President of Finance Society) - worth putting in?
+ I have a job offer from the PE firm I worked in over summer already, is this worth putting on?

In general, I feel a bit stretched for space so any help in content would be really appreciated :)

1. Absolutely, if you actually got some good stuff done.
2. No. Saying you have a job offer already should be leveraged in your interviews, but not blatantly stated on your CV.

I'd definitely put the Education section first instead of your professional exp. Bulletpoints are short and not good enough (they are not "bad" though), also you have only like two-three bullets compared to the first one where its six.

1. Absolutely, if you actually got some good stuff done.
2. No. Saying you have a job offer already should be leveraged in your interviews, but not blatantly stated on your CV.

I'd definitely put the Education section first instead of your professional exp. Bulletpoints are short and not good enough (they are not "bad" though), also you have only like two-three bullets compared to the first one where its six.

Cheers for the reply! Will make the changes - how would you improve the bullet points? Also, in terms of adding more, is it alright (in your opinion) to go onto two pages?

Take a look at previous CV reviews, see which ones have been praised and also which have been not; compare the bulletpoints of these and you'll see what I mean.

You are going into your 2nd your of ugrad and applying for entry level jobs, you DON'T need 2 pages.

Take a look at previous CV reviews, see which ones have been praised and also which have been not; compare the bulletpoints of these and you'll see what I mean.

You are going into your 2nd your of ugrad and applying for entry level jobs, you DON'T need 2 pages.

Let me know what you think, I have tried to make the bullet points better and spread the information across

I appreciate the help buddy :) - and to anyone else who can spare a few mins

Back