Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Please critique my CV

bob10021

Aug
Hey, I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could critique my CV. I'm a second year student and will be applying for summer internships. Do I have a shot at front office, or will I have more success applying for middle office?

Thanks

Read this thread, mainly everything applies to you.

It's not a bad profile that you have there at all, you may actually have a chance for BB FO. However, out of the 9 I'd definitely apply for two or three middle office roles amongst them, just to manage your risks of ending up with 0 interviews at the bulge bracket. If that happens (which might easily happen) and you don't want to settle, you can still do a masters at a target anyway.

Thanks for the response, I was wondering whether it was worth applying for mostly MO for the BB (with a few FO apps at some banks) and applying solely for FO at some of the "lesser" banks such as RBC, RBS etc

Thanks once again, this site has been a tremendous help

Thanks for the response, I was wondering whether it was worth applying for mostly MO for the BB (with a few FO apps at some banks) and applying solely for FO at some of the "lesser" banks such as RBC, RBS etc

Thanks once again, this site has been a tremendous help
Definitely you should do that.

Thanks, I have removed the basic german from my CV. Are there any other improvements I should make before I begin to apply to firms?

Back