Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Please Shred my CV

njrk1

Oct
Hi,

Any advice would be appreciated - I feel that some of the bullet points are a bit weak and that it seems too dense...

Thanks

Without being extensive: address should be on top, name should be bigger font, between "-" spaces should be put. Also its quite crammed, theres no gap between your different sections. Don't like the format tbh.

Bulletpoints are (very) weak, quantify your experiences where possible and give exact results of what you have achieved.

Without being extensive: address should be on top, name should be bigger font, between "-" spaces should be put. Also its quite crammed, theres no gap between your different sections. Don't like the format tbh.

Bulletpoints are (very) weak, quantify your experiences where possible and give exact results of what you have achieved.

Hi Thanks for your feedback. I have changed the format somewhat (to one I prefer but was told to change it to the one in your example which I don't like at all...) If you wouldn't mind commenting on a more revised edition it would be appreciated.

I've tried to strengthen the bullets a bit but the ones for my actual work experience are now at the point where if I say more I would be extradited to the US to be sued (basically the results of what I achieved are all protected under US law and I have no rights to disclose them)... The bullets under the other stuff I think are quite hard to strengthen without actually entering the realms of bullshit as the roles were largely administrative - if you could take one of the bullets and rephrase it in a stronger manner that would be great...

This is much better.

Instead of 'date' write 'Present'; instead of 'Oct14' do the '2014 Oct' format; remove 'Familiar with Microsoft Office', simply write "Basic programming skills in C and Python". Also you are missing the interests line, add it.

The new bullet points are also way better. You have a strong profile with being at a target, tbh youll be fine with this.

This is much better.

Instead of 'date' write 'Present'; instead of 'Oct14' do the '2014 Oct' format; remove 'Familiar with Microsoft Office', simply write "Basic programming skills in C and Python". Also you are missing the interests line, add it.

The new bullet points are also way better. You have a strong profile with being at a target, tbh youll be fine with this.

Thanks very much for your help. The university's careers service as well as several bankers I spoke to today said to put in that you are familiar with office as many are not familiar with the whole suite (esp outlook). I will take your advice on board.

Back