Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Please shred this - For Summer internship

goldmine1

Sep
Hi all,

Hope you are all enjoying summer (while busy with preparation).
Feel free to shred this. Suggestions and constructive feedback are much appreciated.

Thanks,
gm

Remove this line altogether:
Trading: Achieved 5% returns in [name] trading challenge, ranked top 1% in Bloomberg Aptitude Test

How legit is your poker as an interest? It could get hot in your interviews if you list sth like that. Also I'd be more careful with the bulletpoints for your prop trading exp: pivot levels, relative strength index, moving averages and risk/reward ratio -> very easy concepts; achieved average daily profits of over USD 100 (prop trading) -> writing sth like this will come off badly, don't do it.

Other interests: Poker, volleyball, badminton, hiking

If space allows, I would try and elaborate on these. EG. Volleyball - Finished second place in local tournament, Hiking - Climbed X Mountain. Gives recruiters something more to talk about at Interview/Shows excellence at all levels.

For your experience at the Prop Trading firm and the IB Spring Week, I would perhaps reconsider the format of your dates. It is not a major issue, but from what I hear, symmetry is an important principle in resume writing.
So "Aug 2014 - Sep 2014" and "Apr 2013- Apr 2013". Also it leaves no ambiguity over when you started or finished.

Back