Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Should I Transfer to Nottingham?

economics-newb1

Sep
I am a first-year student studying politics at warwick. I am worried I wont get into any spring weeks as i have only landed one interview out of a lot of declined applications.

Would it be worth 'wasting' a year to switch from politics to economics if it means downgrading to Nottingham from Warwick? would this significantly improve my chances?

You need to chill the hell out. Network your way into a summer internship in finance after your first year and just try really hard your second year trying to get a summer. Btw, getting only one interview for spring weeks, even from being a target, is not unheard of. I didn't have any spring weeks (I did have a summer though at a no-name bank PRIOR to uni) and got like 5 summer and grad interviews at good places when I was in my final year, so don't worry and keep hustling.

The quality of education is much higher at your current school than at Nottingham, not to mention the career opportunities you'd probably miss out on if you were to switch. Don't do it.

You need to chill the hell out. Network your way into a summer internship in finance after your first year and just try really hard your second year trying to get a summer. Btw, getting only one interview for spring weeks, even from being a target, is not unheard of. I didn't have any spring weeks (I did have a summer though at a no-name bank PRIOR to uni) and got like 5 summer and grad interviews at good places when I was in my final year, so don't worry and keep hustling.

The quality of education is much higher at your current school than at Nottingham, not to mention the career opportunities you'd probably miss out on if you were to switch. Don't do it.

Thanks, i appreciate it-- im just trying to maximise my chances of getting in, and everyone looking at me confused and asking why im studying politics if i want to get into IB doesnt help... fortunately ive still yet to hear back from about 3 more banks and am waiting for a reply on the phone interview i had recently. What ive noticed is that its just the banks with numerical tests that turned me down (except for one), and it was one of the biggest that offered me the phone interview. I think i bombed the numerical tests, but have a good cv

Thanks, i appreciate it-- im just trying to maximise my chances of getting in, and everyone looking at me confused and asking why im studying politics if i want to get into IB doesnt help... fortunately ive still yet to hear back from about 3 more banks and am waiting for a reply on the phone interview i had recently. What ive noticed is that its just the banks with numerical tests that turned me down (except for one), and it was one of the biggest that offered me the phone interview. I think i bombed the numerical tests, but have a good cv
Think about the potential costs. Does 9,000 pounds + your living costs for a year worth just another round for recruitment for spring weeks? In addition, what's the guarantee you would succeed at fast-tracking it to a summer?

That doesn't really mean anything. Someone gets rejected by everywhere but gets an offer from GS. Regardless of test results.

Back