Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Shred my CV 2018 Summer edition

covfefe1

Aug
Hey guys. (In particular, Trigger)

I will be applying for boutique investment banking and credit risk (MO) at BBs.

Haven't participated in societies this year (thus no leadership header), big mistake I know.

I want to know if I stand a chance with my current CV.

Any form of advice will be greatly appreciated.

LINK: http://docdro.id/SR7LliC

This is a good profile and you would have a decent chance, but the bulletpoints are weak as in they are quite general and you need more numbers in them. Make them more specific and get to the point. Anyway you are attending a target so make use of your opportunities and go to networking events when banks come to your campus.

This is a good profile and you would have a decent chance, but the bulletpoints are weak as in they are quite general and you need more numbers in them. Make them more specific and get to the point. Anyway you are attending a target so make use of your opportunities and go to networking events when banks come to your campus.

Thank you very much, going to work on that now. Do you think applying to two different areas is a hinderance?

No, but its better to focus on one area. Less pain in the arse as in you don't need to write 2 different cover letters let alone if you get multiple interviews to prepare for each. Find out which one interests you more and go all-in on that.

Sorry for bumping this. I have a slight issue. As part of my conditional offer to Warwick, I had to re-take GCSEs (Maths and English from grade C to A) because I was a problem child back then. I achieved both at grade A and A levels at the same time. In my CV, I have my secondary school where I completed GCSEs (2012-14). Shall I just say I've done my GCSEs there in that time range when Ive done them at my sixth form in 2016 or shall I put 2012-16 for the secondary school?

Sorry for bumping this. I have a slight issue. As part of my conditional offer to Warwick, I had to re-take GCSEs (Maths and English from grade C to A) because I was a problem child back then. I achieved both at grade A and A levels at the same time. In my CV, I have my secondary school where I completed GCSEs (2012-14). Shall I just say I've done my GCSEs there in that time range when Ive done them at my sixth form in 2016 or shall I put 2012-16 for the secondary school?
Put the range.

Thanks a lot for your response. I asked for some clarification, and some members gave mixed, but I think your solution is better. I just have two solutions to this problem

Option 1

Option_1.png

Option 2

Option_2.png

Which option is the best considering to look good on CV + be risk averse most importantly and not get dinged for lying (which im not, but just to remove any doubts HR might have)

Thanks a lot for your response. I asked for some clarification, and some members gave mixed, but I think your solution is better. I just have two solutions to this problem

Option 1

Option_1.png

Option 2

Option_2.png

Which option is the best considering to look good on CV + be risk averse most importantly and not get dinged for lying (which im not, but just to remove any doubts HR might have)
Option 2 is fine.

Posting an occasional question once again.. I made 2 mistakes on my CV regarding dates. Should I email HR regarding the mistakes in the dates or explain my mistake if they bring it up. The first mistake extends my summer internship by 2 months, while the other is old work experience 3-4 years back

Posting an occasional question once again.. I made 2 mistakes on my CV regarding dates. Should I email HR regarding the mistakes in the dates or explain my mistake if they bring it up. The first mistake extends my summer internship by 2 months, while the other is old work experience 3-4 years back
It's ok, don't worry.

Back