Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Shred my CV!

liasmn971

Sep
Hi
Any tips and advice on improving my CV will be truly appreciated as I plan to use this to apply to spring weeks. I'd love brutal honest too! Shred it to bits
Will also be cutting it down to just 1-page still deciding what to cut.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm a newbie here too, and will be posting my CV soon for SW's this year. Here's a couple of points you may find useful:
1. Although you have financial experience, I would say you're entrepreneurial experience is more impressive, and would put that first. You're financial exp. is a long time ago (4 years), so I'm guessing you would have only been 13-14 when there, and so would maybe remove a bullet point or too (as most of the points raised are pretty generic) and just state you presented some report.
2. You're grades are average for an applicant (pretty good), and being at a target studying a STEM will definitely be advantageous. I doubt you will be at any disadvantage academically so you shouldn't worry about your course/grades and just focus on networking at uni.

From now till October I would work on modifying your CV till you think it's near perfect for you. I would recommend trying to quantify as much of you're CV as possible. AND MAKE SURE IT'S 1 PAGE! (I know you will)

Hi,

I'm a newbie here too, and will be posting my CV soon for SW's this year. Here's a couple of points you may find useful:
1. Although you have financial experience, I would say you're entrepreneurial experience is more impressive, and would put that first. You're financial exp. is a long time ago (4 years), so I'm guessing you would have only been 13-14 when there, and so would maybe remove a bullet point or too (as most of the points raised are pretty generic) and just state you presented some report.
2. You're grades are average for an applicant (pretty good), and being at a target studying a STEM will definitely be advantageous. I doubt you will be at any disadvantage academically so you shouldn't worry about your course/grades and just focus on networking at uni.

From now till October I would work on modifying your CV till you think it's near perfect for you. I would recommend trying to quantify as much of you're CV as possible. AND MAKE SURE IT'S 1 PAGE! (I know you will)

Thanks, I definitely agree and will take the advice on-board.
I'm already aware about the standard of my grades and unfortunately they were due to a mitigating circumstance as i expected at least A*AA. Since IBs don't want an explanation, i plan to resit 2 modules which would ultimately bring them up in time for summer internships! Any idea on if they take any notice on resit students?
I also have a JPM insight day- however not sure if that's too generic and thus a waste of space?

Best of luck to you as well

Back