Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Shred my CV

econatnotts1

Aug
Not sure how good of a chance I stand at internships but I was thinking to work on other parts of my application and once I am back at uni improve my CV with the help of career services plus would be able to join in some other projects that would strengthen it and send off applications by early-mid Oct.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

New version of CV. Two questions:
1. Embarrasingly, I failed my french module at uni. Do you think being a course rep for that module is still worth mentioning in my resume?
2. I was thinking to move student rep and helper in the activities section or should I let it be? Will probably need space once I am back at uni and have actually started working for my society.

@lofaszjoska @hitchensism

1; Just put French (and Hindi) down as an interest and mention you are also a course rep for French only during interviews.
2; That being said, remove the Languages section, there's 0 point in lisiting you are fluent in English
3; Give your interests section thought and edit it. Who isn't interested in these things: Tech, Reading, Cricket? Also not sure what you meant by listing "Tech" and "Cricket" as an interest.
4. earned 39 proficiency badges as part of my school’s girl guides’ company -> is this something really good? I'm not familiar wtih this.
5. Remove Student Helper as well, adds 0 value. (just one example: Drew on personal experiences to provide prospective students with insight about life at university -> what this bullet is supposed to tell me about how you'll be a great future colleague to work with? absolutely nothing)

Go into more details in your bullets and work on them further. Feel free to upload your next version once you are done.

1; Just put French (and Hindi) down as an interest and mention you are also a course rep for French only during interviews.
2; That being said, remove the Languages section, there's 0 point in lisiting you are fluent in English
3; Give your interests section thought and edit it. Who isn't interested in these things: Tech, Reading, Cricket? Also not sure what you meant by listing "Tech" and "Cricket" as an interest.
4. earned 39 proficiency badges as part of my school’s girl guides’ company -> is this something really good? I'm not familiar wtih this.
5. Remove Student Helper as well, adds 0 value. (just one example: Drew on personal experiences to provide prospective students with insight about life at university -> what this bullet is supposed to tell me about how you'll be a great future colleague to work with? absolutely nothing)

Go into more details in your bullets and work on them further. Feel free to upload your next version once you are done.

1. English isn't my native language which is why I put it in there.
2. Edited.
3. Its similar to girl scouts; ended up removing it since those badges didn't require much effort
4. I talked to some people I know in the industry and they advised me to keep both those things in unless I have something better to replace them with which I don't. Though like you I feel that they don't add much value.

Last edited:
In your first EC dates there is a short "-" sign instead of a long one -> attention to detail, again such a mistake often means a ding. You need to make it absolutely flawless.

Bulletpoints are still mediocre. They are also short - expand on them and this time give them much more thought.

Back