Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Spring Week Applications for 2015

Anyone done the RBS logical test, I totally screwed up on that one, was so eager to take the test that I missed a link to a practice test (which would have been really helpful).

Wait until you take the UBS logical bro....
@hab I am pretty sure interviews get rollin once october is past, some rejections were already gave out by UBS/CS/RBS

Got ICAP AC comin up, other than that I got rejected from a few places. I guess we will start hearing back from most of the places, come december.

Also anyone who is considering to apply to DB spring: don't bother, unless you go to a target.

Got ICAP AC comin up, other than that I got rejected from a few places. I guess we will start hearing back from most of the places, come december.

Also anyone who is considering to apply to DB spring: don't bother, unless you go to a target.
ah well done bro, nice one :) is that the ac on the 28th? On your application, did it say you were on hold, before they then gave you an ac? mine has said youre on hold and will be contacted shortly to discuss the next stage, for about 4 weeks now.

I got baml rej yday, tough times. Its more a pisstake when we have to wait so long, only for mass rejections.

ah well done bro, nice one :) is that the ac on the 28th? On your application, did it say you were on hold, before they then gave you an ac? mine has said youre on hold and will be contacted shortly to discuss the next stage, for about 4 weeks now.

I got baml rej yday, tough times. Its more a pisstake when we have to wait so long, only for mass rejections.
Thanks man, though they are like the same competitive as DB (taking 6 spring interns in total is mad). Ye ye 28th; yeah also got that email before the invite.

I am starting to think (which is quite the opposite of what I expected) that an awful lot just depend on pure luck, no matter the strength of your profile, when it comes to getting interviews.

Thanks man, though they are like the same competitive as DB (taking 6 spring interns in total is mad). Ye ye 28th; yeah also got that email before the invite.

I am starting to think (which is quite the opposite of what I expected) that an awful lot just depend on pure luck, no matter the strength of your profile, when it comes to getting interviews.
damn that's mad, db is my first choice though simply for that fact! im a bit irritated people hav e baml offers, have nothing at all yet, its near end of November cmonnnn

ICAP spring week Assessment Centre:
- 1st round is quick mental math calculations. 45 sec only for each question, kind of hard if you don't prepare. the simulator that they are using is very similar to this.
- then comes the group presentation. push others, ask their opinions and make sure you contribute important selling points (we had to pitch ICAP to an investor looking for an IDB for FX) of the firm. RESEARCH. if you don't you are done. Know what kind of services do they offer, why they are unique, what companies they are investing in currently, read all the related news to the company in the last one/half a year. They reject a lot of people post AC, you have to stand out.
- then a 1on1 interview with HR. Basic, but hard to impress. What's the diff between a trader and a broker, whats ICAP share price is currently at, where was it half a year ago, what happened to the share price (why did it signficiantly drop X months ago, why did it raise X months ago), why did you choose the degree and uni, what services ICAP offer (this is where you can stand out, know their business VERY well or you are done), are you interviewing with other firms, why broking, do you have any questions for me.
- only two requirements for getting a place on their programme: be knowledgeable about ICAP, be likeable. on the former you can work on, on the second youll have to take your chances.

You are welcome.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see how spring weeks became a thing for rubbing your ego. I am not saying it's not a challenge to get one because it is, but kids should take a fucking step back thinking they are hot shit.

Back