Welcome to the #1 Online Finance & Investment Banking Community for
the UK and EMEA!

By registering, you'll be able to contribute to discussions, send private messages to other members of the community and much more.

Spring week work experience

TGibd1

Apr
How much, if any, financial related work experience are banks expecting for spring week applications? I attended one of the investment banks spring week programmes and worked for a big 4 accountancy firm during my gap year, but one was only 1 day long and the other was not really related at all to investment banking!

How much, if any, financial related work experience are banks expecting for spring week applications? I attended one of the investment banks spring week programmes and worked for a big 4 accountancy firm during my gap year, but one was only 1 day long and the other was not really related at all to investment banking!
It's not really about financial related work experience at that point but rather how well-rounded you are. Having it definitely helps (those sixth form programmes and stuff) but if you don't it's not a deal-breaker.

It's not really about financial related work experience at that point but rather how well-rounded you are. Having it definitely helps (those sixth form programmes and stuff) but if you don't it's not a deal-breaker.

OK great, thank you. Outside of academia and work experience, I play football (captain of school team), tennis and run (have run 1 marathon). But I don't play music and apart from some basic travelling (inter-railing and living in Italy for 3/4 months during my gap year), I don\t particularly have anything special or massively interesting on my CV. Is this a big issue? Sorry if these are obvious questions - appreciate the help :)

OK great, thank you. Outside of academia and work experience, I play football (captain of school team), tennis and run (have run 1 marathon). But I don't play music and apart from some basic travelling (inter-railing and living in Italy for 3/4 months during my gap year), I don\t particularly have anything special or massively interesting on my CV. Is this a big issue? Sorry if these are obvious questions - appreciate the help :)
Those things are not bad at all. You may have a shot, make sure you include all of them on your CV (apart from travelling, that's indeed pretty basic).

Those things are not bad at all. You may have a shot, make sure you include all of them on your CV (apart from travelling, that's indeed pretty basic).
Thanks for your help! I'll upload my CV to be shredded soon I think...

Back